[uf-new] hAudio 1.0 Draft Release

Martin McEvoy martin at weborganics.co.uk
Wed Oct 15 13:58:40 PDT 2008

Hello again Scott

Scott Reynen wrote:
> On [Oct 15], at [ Oct 15] 12:49 , Martin McEvoy wrote:
>
>> I cant solve hypothetical issues.
>

> But that's exactly what you're trying to do.  You have not yet opened
> issues on any of the problems your schema aims to solve, so no one
> else even knows what those problems are, much less if your proposed
> solutions are appropriate.  Please try to go back and follow the
> process before continuing to discuss specific points.

None of the proposed removals are issues, I am simply applying the 80/20
rule to the existing schema using the Microformats Process

http://microformats.org/wiki/process

And microformats Design principles

http://microformats.org/wiki/principles

I am not being unfair in any way I would just like to move the haudio
forward to being something publishers can use with confidence and
understanding, in the end we will have a more stable format

>> Hmm you know I dont see "album" as a property at all on the
>> brainstorming page
>
> That's because the decision-making process on that was poorly
> documented in the wiki.  It happened almost entirely via email.  Let's
> not repeat that mistake here.
>
> On [Oct 15], at [ Oct 15] 1:18 , Martin McEvoy wrote:
>
>> It will follow why these properties have been removed on the issues page
>
> Please add your issues to the list,
Thanks Scott as I said earlier They are not Issues, they are simply not
supported in hAudio 1.0 we HAVE spent a year and a half discussing all
of these properties, I don't see why this merits further discussion or
argument.
> but please also leave out your pre-determined solutions (e.g. removing
> properties) until we've reached something approaching agreement that
> they are, in fact, issues.  We can't hope to make much progress on the
> specifics when there remains such disagreement about general
> concepts.  Presenting an updated schema may seem like the most
> efficient way forward, but it proves to be a waste of everyone's time
> in practice.
Not mine Scott, you don't think I would spend all this time trying to
develop an audio microformat then at the end trash everyone's work
including my own? what sense is there in that?

I am sorry seem to have upset one or two people with my recommendations
but if we don't stick to the microformats process in developing haudio
than what is the point of a process at all?

Best wishes

Martin

> --
> Scott Reynen