[uf-new] hAudio 1.0 Draft Release

Martin McEvoy martin at weborganics.co.uk
Thu Oct 16 12:18:11 PDT 2008

Hello Manu...

Manu Sporny wrote:
> Martin McEvoy wrote:
>
>> In Microformats this means that if a propery is used more than 80% of
>> the time then it should be included in the format, this will result in
>> the top 20% of all discovered properties making their way into the final
>> Microformat.
>>

> You continue to contradict yourself,

Oh?....

> which is why we're having such a
> hard time with your argumentation, Martin. Your statement above makes no
> sense. Let's break it down and use some real numbers to see why:
>
> Martin McEvoy wrote:
>
>> In Microformats this means that if a propery is used more than 80% of
>> the time then it should be included in the format,
>>

> We'll call this Statement A. If we were to hold this true, then we would
> be left with these properties for hAudio. We would pick only the
> properties that were used in at least 80% of all sites:
>
> # album artist: 95.12%
> # track title: 90.24%
> # album title: 87.80%
> # album tracks: 80.49%

Yes that is correct, although as you can see there is not much of the
current haudio draft left, that is why  I said to be fair those
properties that occur 70% of the time or more....
> then you go on to state this:
>
> Martin McEvoy wrote:
>
>> this will result in the top 20% of all discovered properties making
>> their way into the final Microformat.

Yes.....

> Let's call this Statement B. If we were to hold this true, then out of
> "all discovered properties", of which there are 163 properties[1], we
> would be left with the top 32 properties:
>
> 20% of 163 = 32.6

163 properties in haudio? wow that's News to Me, I only count only 15
currently possibly 20 if you include the really edge cases, I don't
think there are that many properties across all microformats are there? ....

[...]

>> In Microformats this means that if a propery is used more than 80% of
>> the time then it should be included in the format, this will result in
>> the top 20% of all discovered properties making their way into the
>> final Microformat.

[...]
> It is because you keep repeating statements like this that I don't think
> there is a good reason to remove category, description, sample, payment,
> or price from hAudio. The removal of all of these properties is based on
> the statement you have made above - which is a logical fallacy.

Manu Shame on you... have you actually read and understood any of these
two pages

http://microformats.org/wiki/process
http://microformats.org/wiki/principles

I doubt that you have.
> [1]http://microformats.org/wiki/audio-info-services-ufa

Manu I wish you would stop basing the above url as something that should
be considered as fact, I still even now (after a year or more) cant find
all those properties you list on that page,  yes I know you saw those
properties at the time but frankly I have a hard time believing that
"album savings" , "album price in points" and  "track add to pop-list"
plus many many more have anything at all to do with hAudio at all

Thanks

--
Martin McEvoy

http://weborganics.co.uk/