[uf-new] hProduct draft schema

Scott Reynen scott at makedatamakesense.com
Fri Oct 31 10:54:01 PST 2008

On [Oct 31], at [ Oct 31] 12:27 , Paul Lee (이기수) wrote:

>> 2. "name" should reuse either "fn" from hCard or "summary" from
>> hCalendar
>
> Hmm, looking at the hCard and hCalendar pages, it seems that name here
> is used a bit differently, since it is intended to be the product
> name/title.  Is this really the same meaning at fn and summary? Or
> should we perhaps use "title" instead to disambiguate?

We should base these discussions on the previous meaning of the class
names, not the English words that make up those class names, nor the
context which adds additional meaning (by defining the object we're
describing).  See the list of previously used class names for reference:

http://microformats.org/wiki/class-names

You'll find there that "title" means something more specific than you
might assume, where "fn" and "summary" mean something more general.

--
Scott Reynen
MakeDataMakeSense.com