[uf-new] hAudio issue D2 "title"

Martin McEvoy martin at weborganics.co.uk
Mon Sep 1 13:00:33 PDT 2008

Hello Tantek

Tantek Celik wrote:
> Martin,
>
> The first option you provide illustrates the fundamental problem with this issue, which is that the meaning we are trying to express is the name of the track / hAudio item. Even the iTunes UI refers to the "Name" (select a track in iTunes, Get Info, click the Info tab, note the first field).
>
> For microformats, we already have a property for the meaning of "name", and that's "fn". It specifically means "formatted name" but that simply reflects the fact that it means the name as published (as it is shown) rather than some abstract structural name, and "as published" is precisely what we want in microformats since we are marking up visible content *published* on the web.
>
> "fn" is already used to mean name in hCard (from vCard), and for the names of hReview items and hListing items.
> Per the naming principle of not introducing two properties for the same meaning (see wiki/naming-principles ), we should have simply reused "fn" for this long ago.

 "fn" was changed to "title" because it was over used in haudio,

haudio title => fn
haudio contributor = fn
item title = fn

and what If the author of the audio came first? very messy and uninspired

I will accept however that haudio Items should use "fn" because thats
how Item is used in all other Microformats

"n" simply wont do either "The name of the unit" what does that mean? it
seems deliberately vague to me what is a unit? is it defined in
microformats?, sorry Tantek I'm just thinking out loud :-)

> In addition, from a process perspective, please use the wiki not email for brainstorming and opinions on proposals. Tracking this in email over time is nearly impossible.
>
> Please place the options on wiki/audio-brainstorming along with nested list items for individuals to offer their +/-1 (or 0) opinion with username and any comments explaining their opinion.

Done see,
http://microformats.org/wiki/haudio-issues#D2:_2008-01-10_Overloading_.22fn.22

Please add your support for any of the resolutions on the page above, or
add your own resolution.
> Thanks,
>
> Tantek

Best wishes