[uf-new] Issue HP7 - Abundance of vocabulary terms in hProduct

Manu Sporny msporny at digitalbazaar.com
Sun Feb 22 18:24:26 PST 2009

Paul Lee (이기수) wrote:
> The examples aren't necessarily an accurate reflection of how
> frequently attributes/data is used by retailers.  In practice,
> model/mpn is used much more frequently than dimensions, both for
> retailer websites as well as retailer submissions to search and
> shopping engines.

I would expect many people on this list would have an issue if I made
the following statement:

"The hAudio examples aren't necessarily an accurate reflection of how
frequently the ISRC is used by retailers. In practice, ISRC is used
quite frequently and should be in the vocabulary."

The reason uFers should have an issue with this statement is because I'm
asserting something that isn't backed up by the examples that have been
gathered for hAudio - there is no hard data behind it.

In the Microformats community, if you can't show hard usage data for a
vocabulary term, it should not be a part of the vocabulary. If you don't
have enough data to prove that model/mpn is used more than 15% of the
time, you are going to have a very hard time convincing this group that
it belongs in a vocabulary.

Manu Sporny
President/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: Scaling Past 100,000 Concurrent Web Service Requests
http://blog.digitalbazaar.com/2008/09/30/scaling-webservices-part-1