One issue per thread (was: Re: [uf-new] hProduct issues HP1-HP7)

Manu Sporny msporny at digitalbazaar.com
Sun Feb 22 18:50:38 PST 2009

Tantek Celik wrote:
> Please follow-up on the wiki and also one email announcing a batch
> of new issues is sufficient. Let's try to keep emails to a minimum
> for notification only, and capture discussion/iteration on the wiki.

The reason I put each of these in a separate e-mail is to separate
issues out into manage-able threads of discussion. I do admit that it's
a personal preference, but threaded discussion seems to be a fairly
accepted method of working through spec issues.

I realize that your preference is to edit the wiki and not respond via
e-mail, but it's not clear to me how this is a better method of refining
these specs, especially when we're just discussing things. I see that
the mailing list rules have been updated as a result of my posts:

Could you please explain why it's better to discourage per-issue threads
on the mailing list and instead direct people to the wiki? Why are we
discouraging one form of recorded communication over another?

Manu Sporny
President/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
twitter: http://twitter.com/manusporny