[uf-new] Microformats for hidden data

Fiann O'Hagan fianno at jshub.org
Fri Nov 27 08:59:34 PST 2009

Brian, that's exactly what I am hoping to do, you have captured it precisely.

hAtom gives a lot but not all of what I am looking for (my baseline is
the fields that are common to all the major web analytics products).
hAtom is focussed on blog posts rather than generic website pages, and
I am not sure it is an exact fit, but the core concept is very
similar.

The reason I am interested in using microformats is that if by using a
standard, I can turn your suggestion of
var page = $('.entity-title');
into hAtom format
var page = $('.hfeed .hentry .entry-title');

and it will work across any site with that markup, which is much
better than defining our own POSH format specific to a single site.

Thanks again for all the detailed feedback and putting up with this long thread.

Fiann