[uf-new] S5 as microformat?

Tantek Çelik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Mon Jul 12 23:08:15 PDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 6:17 AM, Scott Reynen
<scott at makedatamakesense.com> wrote:
> On Jun 28, 2010, at 10:21 AM, Frances Berriman wrote:
>
>> I agree. I quite like this idea, I think standardising on this
>> translation would be really interesting and useful.  Are there other
>> html-based slideshow systems out there?
>>
>> A friend of mine created: http://github.com/jakearchibald/jaffaSlides
>

> Google recently released this as part of their HTML5 promotion:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/html5-slides/
> http://slides.html5rocks.com/
>
> It's almost identical to S5 in the markup (.slide wrapped in .presentation),
> without a navigation section.
>
> There are a ton of S5 implementations for different frameworks, e.g.:
>
> http://drupal.org/project/s5
> http://github.com/myles/django-s5
> http://plone.org/products/s5
> http://www.jspwiki.org/wiki/S5Plugin
>
> Ha, I just found more here:
>
> http://microformats.org/wiki/s5-tools

Hi Scott,

This is pretty cool. For a long time I didn't think S5 was worth
pursuing as a microformat, because it slides online in HTML didn't
seem "common" enough.

Perhaps there are now sufficient examples in the wild and tools to
work it through the microformats process?

I've been posting S5 presentations publicly for quite some time here:

http://tantek.com/presentations/

Perhaps consider starting this page with the examples you've found so far:

http://microformats.org/wiki/slides-examples

Thanks,

Tantek

--