[uf-new] S5 as microformat?

Scott Reynen scott at makedatamakesense.com
Sun Jun 20 13:45:27 PDT 2010

S5 is an HTML-based slideshow system introduced by Eric Meyer (with
help of several other people, including Tantek) back in 2006:

http://meyerweb.com/eric/tools/s5/

The basic idea is markup like <div class="presentation"> and <div
class="slide"> are read by JavaScript and converted into a usable
slideshow.  There are several implementations of S5, but no active
coordination today.  Meanwhile slideshow hosting sites, like Scribd,
are moving away from Flash and towards HTML as a publishing format:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/30964170/Scribd-in-HTML5

The S5 project is in the public domain, and I think it would be
valuable to have a central organization coordinating documentation,
implementations, and potential changes to S5.  As I'm sure you've
already guessed, I think microformats.org would be a good place to do
that.  Thoughts?

--
Scott Reynen
MakeDataMakeSense.com