[uf-rest] RESTified Rails Controller

David Heinemeier Hansson david at loudthinking.com
Tue Nov 15 07:47:01 PST 2005

> Is the idea that we could implement all these ideas as a plugin for
> now, and at some later date it becomes part of rails?  I.e., can/
> will you integrate Dan's controller into that plugin?

Yeah, the plan is to have it as a plugin to prove its worth. If its
something most people find useful for most of their work, then it
goes into core. Otherwise, it can happily live as a plugin forever.
The cool thing about plugins is that they're more or less
indistinguishable from core features. And with script/plugin even
more so.

So the naturalness of the plugin system has drastically raised the
barriers of entry for core. But that's good ;)
--
David Heinemeier Hansson
http://www.37signals.com    -- Basecamp, Backpack, Writeboard, Tada