[uf-rest] Microformats implementation

Tantek Ç elik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Thu Nov 17 11:33:07 PST 2005

On 11/17/05 10:57 AM, "Larry Staton Jr." <statonjr at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have implemented three microformats technologies -- XOXO, AHAH, and
> hCard -- on my Web site. You can view the site at
> <http://www.larrystaton.com>.
>
> I use AHAH to call XOXO documents. The navigation links for "Colophon"
> and "Projects" are AHAH calls to "colophon.xo" and "index.rhtml". The
> latter document is marked up as an XOXO document despite the name. The
> "Resume" link is missing on purpose. I wanted to see if AHAH would
> display the redirected 404 error message and it does.

Larry, I just checked out your site.

This is awesome.

Would you be open to sharing your AHAH code?

> I use hCard in my markup, but I set the style to "display:none" to
> hide the data.

This is the *only* thing I have to nitpick about.  You really should be
displaying everything you have microformatted (and microformatting
everything you can that's displayed).  If you need to create a separate page
like "contact info" rather than showing all the content on your home page,
that I can understand.  But however you do it, the information should be
human visible/readable on the page.

> Clicking on the "vCard" link sends the hCard data
> through Brian Suda's vCard translator.

Nice.

> Thanks to Mark Pilgrim and Neil Dunn for providing nice examples of
> XOXO markup and hCard markup.

Yes, these guys rock.

Thanks,

Tantek