RSDC Re: [uf-rest] Microformats for <form> ?

Dr. Ernie Prabhakar drernie at opendarwin.org
Mon Mar 20 16:07:17 PST 2006

Hi Hagen et al,

On Mar 20, 2006, at 12:20 PM, Ryan King wrote:
> There's actually a lot of potential here. I remember some of us
> talked about this stuff f2f when Dimitri was in the Bay Area last
> summer, but not a lot has been done on it since.

True, though we did at least create a place to capture what's been done:

http://microformats.org/wiki/rest/description

While fairly crude so far, the core concept is that forms are in fact
a great way to specify a RESTful web service, so if we solve one
problem we solve the other. :-)

In addition, the work on datatypes might be relevant here as well:

http://microformats.org/wiki/rest/datatypes
(which I'm revising to incorporate Tantek's excellent suggestions :-)

-- Ernie P.