[uf-rest] Microformats for <form> ?

sixtus at gmail.com sixtus at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 12:16:15 PST 2006

> > E.g., if I have a resource that accepts GET, POST, PUT and DELETE,
> > the form is probably only going to tickle one of those methods...
> > You could put together a set of forms that covered all of the
> > ground, of course, but for some tasks, that's pretty clunky.
>
> You're right, a given form will only cover one of the verbs. Of
> course, but going this route we're talking about low-rest (or two-
> verb rest), so PUT and DELETE are already out of consideration. As
> for the other verbs, it would certainly be neccessary to have a
> collection of forms to completely document an interface.
>
> Is it clunky? yeah, probably. Just throwing out ideas here, though.

I certainly agree, that this will not cover "high-rest". But, I also already
said, that I consider "low-rest" to be service-oriented and "high-rest"
resource oriented. Consequently, a service model may look like:

- PUT -> deploy a service
- GET -> describe the service (using the mechanisms brainstormed about here)
- POST -> execute
- DELETE -> undeploy

If you want to include "high-rest" you probably need something completely
different. I am just trying to find the equivalent of the standard soa model
proclaimed by ws-* people and also, if this is viable or not.

Also note, that this approach takes care of the directory aspect (no uddi
required, just a sitemap and/or search engine).