[uf-rest] Microformats for <form> ?

Dr. Ernie Prabhakar drernie at opendarwin.org
Tue Mar 21 13:04:41 PST 2006

HI Sixtus,

On Mar 21, 2006, at 12:16 PM, sixtus at gmail.com wrote:

> If you want to include "high-rest" you probably need something
> completely different. I am just trying to find the equivalent of
> the standard soa model proclaimed by ws-* people and also, if this
> is viable or not.
>
> Also note, that this approach takes care of the directory aspect
> (no uddi required, just a sitemap and/or search engine).

Yeah, that's always been the working hypothesis: that a "REST Service
Description" could be derived the same way humans navigating a web
page, by following the hypermedia.  The only problem with that idea
is that you usually need to *use* the service to find all the
different forms, and it can be difficult to know in advance if you've
captured all the different code paths.

Sitemaps are an interesting way around that, as would be intelligent
use of 'next' and 'prev' rel-links.I think someone just has to bite
the bullet and build something like that -- and create a tool that
invokes it -- so we can see how well it works in real life.

-- Ernie P.