[uf-rest] Class names from Rails?

Dr. Ernie Prabhakar drernie at opendarwin.org
Mon Sep 18 12:59:12 PDT 2006

"dom_class" is intriguing feature of the the new simply helpful plug-
in, which I suspect might be destined for Rails 1.3.  I wonder if
this might make it easier to embed microformats in Rails applications
by keying of appropriate Class names.  Or, whether we could somehow
"teach" dom_class about differnet microformats mappings?!?

-- Ernie P.

http://www.matthewman.net/articles/2006/09/04/new-rails-feature-
simply_helpful

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/rubyonrails-talk/msg/d5a430337da11313

DOM Class names

<%= dom_class(object) %>
Creates a CSS class name based on the object’s class – so a
ProductionType object would get a DOM class of production_type.

On its own, this new function maybe isn’t as exciting as the dom_id
and render improvements, but it’s used in the next feature, and it’s
encouraging good practice by having clear, readable and consistent
class names for your DOM objects.