[uf-rest] Implementation Experience?

Benjamin West bewest at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 15:56:40 PDT 2006

Erm, I should quickly add some actual meat to the discussion rather
than commentary:
Some of the specific problems I'm facing (don't know about you, Jim)
involve cases where I'd like to do some validation on the data... POX
is nice in the sense that you can have a more or less normative
structure.  With application data in xhtml, something may be ordered
differently, or nested differently, or use a different classname;
there's just no way of knowing for sure, except by some kind of verbal
contract.
Furthermore, it's harder to parse and find the data you're interested
in quickly.
When I get home later, maybe I'll dig up some examples.  It's hard to
come up with concrete examples right off the bat, because many of them
are so domain specific.  In addition, anything I have laying around
may contain sensitive data :-(.

Anyway, let me know if this jives with you.

-Ben