[uf-rest] AHAH Returning Mysterious 404s

Ernest Prabhakar ernest.prabhakar at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 06:59:47 PST 2008

Hi Andy,

On Mar 10, 2008, at 2:43 PM, Andy Staines wrote:
> Good day
> I am hoping someone can advise me
> I am the author of a WordPress plugin (php) that makes various uses
> of AHAH (straight from the wiki here). 99%+ of my users have no
> problem but two or three receive 404 OK errors returned from each
> call.

Ouch. Do you mean those users get the error *every* time? For every
client?

> We have investigated everything as far as I can tell. The
> environments are not 'different' - Apache/Linux php4 or 5.
> Permissions are not an issue.
> If I paste the url of the php file that is being sent to the js/AHAH
> routine directly into the browser it returns the correct content
> with no problem. And typically of course, I cannot reproduce the
> error but have seen it on a users site.

Just so I understanding:

1. Your plugin users are site owners, who have installed it on your
site.

2. User A has no problems

3. User B, with an identical server setup, constantly has *their*
users getting 404s every time they hit that page, no matter which
browser they use

Is that correct?

-enp