Difference between revisions of "swaggle-syntax"
Latest revision as of 00:49, 20 March 2008
Retrieved from the Swaggle SMS page.
Send these commands to (206) 694-9197 and interact with Swaggle on your mobile phone.
- .join your_group_name or .create your_group_name
The first group you join is your default group. Any message you send to Swaggle that isn't a command (like ".join"), we'll assume was meant for your default group, so we'll send it to out to them.
Of course, you can be a member of more than one group, so you can specify which group you want to send a message to by starting your message with the group's name followed by a colon:
- mygroup: Happy hour now at McPhee's
- <group>: <message>: Sends a message to everyone in a particular group (e.g., "ultimate: game at Cal Anderson NOW!").
- <name>: <message>: Sends a message to another Swaggle user (e.g., "JohnS: I like you!").
- .JOIN <group>: Adds you to a group.
- .QUIT <group>: Removes you from a group.
- .QUIT Removes you from the Swaggle service entirely.
- .CREATE <group>: Creates a new group and adds you to it.
- Include the keyword "private" to create a private group: .CREATE ultimate private
- Include keyword "broadcast" to create a broadcast-only group: ".CREATE flashmob broadcast".
- .INVITE <group> <one or more 10 digit phone numbers and/or names>: Invites people to join the group.
- If the group is private and you are a member, this pre-authorizes the invitee(s) to join. Swaggle names can be used in addition to phone numbers: ".INVITE flashmob 2065551234 2064441234 karlc"
- .HUSH: Mutes Swaggle until 8 am the next morning (Pacific Time)Messages sent to your groups during this time will not be delivered to you at all. You can also specify a particular day to hush until by sending .HUSH September 1 or .HUSH 9/1/07. To start receiving messages again send .HUSH off.
- .DEFAULT <group>: This will set your default group.
- .DEFAULT: Find out what your default group is.
- .NAME <name>: Sets your Swaggle name (e.g., ".NAME Michelle")
- .ECHO <ON / OFF>: Sets whether you will receive copies of messages you send. On by default.
- .REPORTER <group> <name>: Designates the person named as a "reporter" for a broadcast-only group, meaning they can send messages to the full group. Only an owner can designate a reporter: ".REPORTER newsevents WalterC"
- .BOOT <group> <name>: Removes the person named from the group named. Only an owner may boot members from a group.
- .PWD <newpassword>: Resets your Swaggle web site password.