- 2009-07-25 from 12:00 to 2009-07-26 at 17:00
- Automattic, Pier 38, The Embarcadero between Brannan and Townsend, San Francisco, CA, 94107. View location at latitude:37.782769, longitude:-122.387837
- MUNI: Brannan (N,T)
- BART: Embarcadero station, then take MUNI N-Judah inbound or T-Third inbound to Brannan stop.
- Caltrain: 4th & King st., then take MUNI N-Judah outbound or T-Third outbound to Brannan stop.
- microformatsDevCamp! The first ever microformatsDevCamp, for authors, designers, publishers, developers, engineers building pages, sites, and tools with microformats.
- How much
- $20 suggested donation (gets you a t-shirt in the mail). No one turned away for lack of funds.
- short URL
microformatsDevCamp is made possible thanks to the generosity of our corporate and individual sponsors!
Help sponsor microformatsDevCamp:
- Saturday 25th
- Sunday 26th
- More Ideas...
For meals, we're planning on something simple like bagels+coffee for breakfast (note: Tantek will purchase supplies for Sunday morning); or pizza or
indian delivery (Deedees Indian Food!). We'll arrange for sponsors to pay vendors directly...
Like all BarCamps, microformatsDevCamp is what it is because of what everyone put into it. It ran smoothly because of all of you volunteers, attendees, designers, coders, and builders.
Click on yourself and add a note with a link to your web address!
Note your site (with hCard if you have it), interests/projects, and tag yourself as a web author, designer, IA, publisher, developer, UI-tester - pick at least one. Feel free to add your twitter, or other method of contact.
- Cindy Li - designer. http://cindyli.com, http://twitter.com/cindyli. helping with microformatsDevCamp logo design. done!
- full resolution logo: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2460/3726302070_7b834b9443_o.jpg
- on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cindyli/3726302070/
- designed and ordered buttons for event.Done!
- Beau Lebens - developer, Automattic, Dented Reality, http://twitter.com/beaulebens. I know my way around the venue, so can help sort out power strips, projectors etc
- Tantek Çelik - developer, designer (user interface interaction design) http://tantek.com/, http://twitter.com/t
- Yury Lifshits - http://yury.name
- Mark Ng - http://www.markng.co.uk, http://twitter.com/markng
- Rohit Khare - developer. http://www.ics.uci.edu/~rohit, http://twitter.com/rohitkhare
- Jason Bolton - front-end designer. http://www.jasonbolton.com, http://twitter.com/jbolt
- Micah Alpern - designer (user interface interaction) (will be there Sunday). http://alpern.org, http://twitter.com/malpern
- Edward O'Connor (Ted) - author, designer, developer, publisher. http://twitter.com/hober
- Stephen Paul Weber - developer, publisher. http://singpolyma.net, http://twitter.com/singpolyma
- Kevin Burton - developer. http://feedblog.org, http://twitter.com/burtonator
- Dane Hurtubise - developer
- JR Conlin - developer, publisher
- Chirag Shah - developer
- Jesse Hammons - developer Zaggle Social Calendar
- Matthew Levine - developer
- Faruk Ateş - UX Designer, developer
- David Strauss - Drupal, developer
- Huy Hong - Frontend Developer, UI/UX/UE, UGC nut
- Jeremy Anderson - UX/UI/ID Designer, developer
- Lauren Scime - front end designer / developer
- Chad Weider developer, designer, front-end, back-end, etc.
- Dustin Whittle developer
- Reid Burke developer
- Monica Keller - developer
- ... please add yourself if you participated in microformatsDevCamp!
Outline of schedule for the weekend - more details at the DevCamp!
- Saturday July 25th
- 11:00 - planners+volunteers onsite for setup
- 12:00 - registration
- 13:00 - lunch - Indian Food from Deedees
- intro session, what is a devcamp, introductions
- 13:30 - hack/project brainstorming and proposals
- day 1 building sessions
- 18:10 - group photo
- 19:00 - dinner - pizza from Amicis
- 20:30 - dinner 2.0 - more pizza from Amicis
- beer, wine, and cupcakes!
- day 1 projects demos and social hour
- evening open hacking session (DevHouse style) / iteration on hacks/projects
- day 1 clean up
- ~midnight+ - day 1 wrap up.
- Sunday July 26th
- 09:30am - planners+volunteers onsite for setup
- 10:00am - coffee, breakfast, more demos from day 1
- day 2 hack/project brainstorming, proposals, signups
- day 2 working sessions on hacks/projects
- 13:30pm lunch
- day 2 working sessions continued
- second day demos and wrap-up
- 18:00 venue clean-up
- 18:30 venue exit
Automattic has very graciously agreed to host microformatsDevCamp. The venue has:
- power. power outlets, extension cords, power strips
- 4-5 rooms/meeting areas.
- 3 projectors
- 1 whiteboard.
- sink, water.
As Automattic is donating the venue, as participants it is our responsibility to take excellent care of the venue, leaving it as good or better than we found it.
Some amount of camping overnight at the venue will be possible.
Suggestions for nearby (easy/quick walking distance) drinks, snacks, food.
- Bayside Market - fresh fruit and vegetables, sandwiches. http://www.yelp.com/biz/bayside-market-san-francisco-2
- Crossroads Café - coffee, espresso drinks, shakes, smoothies, bagels, sandwiches. http://www.yelp.com/biz/crossroads-cafe-san-francisco-3
Please use the following tags when tagging related content (blog posts, photos, videos):
tags: #ufdevcamp ufdevcampsf microformats microformatsDevCamp microformatsDevCampSF microformats-meetup BarCamp BarCamp2009 Automattic The-Embarcadero san-francisco upcoming:event=2888376
- !microformats Identi.ca group (aliases: !mf and !uf). Join and address the whole group. Notices to this group can also be tracked from #microformats
Have an idea for a hack/project session? Please read What is a DevCamp? and then suggest something or add a "+1" to existing suggestions, and sign your suggestion or opinion with your Username with ~~~
- microWall - make sure to print a screen-shot of every microformat-savvy tool that comes up during the camp, and stick them on the wall. It will be an amazing backdrop for a group photo... Rohit
- +1 Tantek
- (Sunday) CSS3, HTML5 and microformats "Zen Garden" - same premise as the CSS Zen Garden of yore, but with a strong emphasis on CSS3 advancements, microformats enrichment and done in HTML5. Faruk Ateş
- CheatSheet Translation Brian Suda This is a request to anyone who is speaks another language. I created the PDF cheatsheet awhile ago http://suda.co.uk/projects/microformats/cheatsheet/ if someone wants to translate it into Spanish, or another language, please let me know. I can send the source InDesign file, or if they send me the translations, I'd be happy to update it myself.
- twitter bus card exchange/display by Christopher
- Not related to microformats per-se, but came up at µfdevcamp. git-mediawiki Singpolyma's brainstorming page Github Singpolyma
- ... and many more on cards at the event (please add from photos taken)
- short URL for this section
Please create a wiki page for any hack/project session you lead or attend and link to it from here.
- hcard-input-interface for easy input of user data (creating hCards) by Chad. combined project/session with microformats and user sign-up user interface - how can importing and subscribing to hCards help make user sign-up easier and thus get more users signed up quicker? by Tantek
- self-updating-address-book - in the search for an address book/contact list that actually stays up to date, hCard may be the key. Beau Lebens
- hcard-contact-autocompletion (a/k/a “CallerID 2.0”) by rohit, hober, chirags, lou, lauren, & jesse
- unified-rsvp by Aramys, Dustin, Matthew, Monica, and Reid
- hcard-google-bookmarklet bookmarklet. Singpolyma
- microformat-aggregation by Jesse Hammons, Yury Lifshits, Andrew McCollum, Dane Hurtibuse, Randy Kerber
- hCard Creator redesign by Cindy Li
See all photos on Flickr tagged ufdevcamp.
Blog posts about the devCamp. Newest first.
- 2009-07-29 Microformats on GitHub
- 2009-07-27 Beau Lebens: microformatsDevCamp
- 2009-07-21 microformats.org: microformatsDevCamp this weekend!
- O'Reilly Radar: Four short links
microformatsDevCamp is one of several microformats events.
- upcoming and recent events
- events in 2012
- events in 2011
- events in 2010
- events in 2009
- events in 2008
- events in 2007
- events in 2006
- Template for an individual event page
Want to help organize and plan the first microformatsDevCamp? Sign up and be sure to pick up a planner role (see below).
- Tantek Çelik - organizing, venue acquisition, intro and kickoff
- Rohit Khare - venue acquisition, sponsor wrangler, food
- Edward O'Connor (Ted) - volunteer coordinator, setup, welcome desk
- Lauren Scime - t-shirts, other coordination needs tbd
- Chris Messina - connector and advisor
Role info / details:
- intro and kickoff - run the introductory session and help start the microformatsDevCamp with traditional BarCamp intros/3tags and explanation of the BarCamp format.
- food - coordinate / match up sponsors with meals and make sure the meals arrive and are setup for event participants during the event.
- sponsor wrangler - for food, t-shirts. per definition given in: http://www.cleverclevergirl.com/?p=10 :
Drafts a message to send to potential sponsors, follows up leads from others for potential sponsors, collects info, logos (in vector format), and money from sponsors and also sees that receipts (if necessary) are issued at the end.
- t-shirts - get estimate, make sure to order in time for the event. Ben Ward has done some work on this - check with him.
- volunteer coordinator - recruit and organize volunteers the day of the event to help out with food, setup
- cleanup - enlist help of volunteers and all devCamp participants to help with cleanup
- setup - be in charge of setup the day of, coordinate with venue on setup plenty of time *before* the start of the camp! setup: power cords, power strips, calendar grid for sessions, tables and chairs in rooms/meeting areas, projectors
- welcome desk - welcome microformatsDevCamp attendees at the entrance of the venue, make sure they get a name tag and instruct them to tag themselves as primarily/secondarily being a web author, designer, publisher, developer, pick at least one. (as they should also do when the sign up on the wiki in the attendees section above!)
- get estimates from vendor(s) for different quantities
- get vendor contact info from Ben Ward who has already looked into this and found a reliable vendor that can deliver high quality t-shirts in a week or less time.
- Suggestion: 100 shirts, provide them to individuals who sponsor microformatsDevCamp with a $20 or more donation to help pay for t-shirts and snacks/food (if any funds from covering t-shirts are remaining). Tantek 17:40, 17 July 2009 (UTC)
- make/reuse design (get original t-shirt design details from Dan Cederholm)
- order/print - make sure folks who donated at the 4th bday party get their shirts
- T-shirts are ordered! Printer is The Screen Print Guy located out on 23rd Ave. Will be available for pickup by Friday July 24th. (This is great! Tantek 01:03, 21 July 2009 (UTC))
- Total # of shirts ordered: 100. Size breakdown: Men's: 10 small, 30 medium, 25 large. Women's: 10 small, 15 medium, 10 large.
- Total cost: $918.00 (would have been cheaper but they had a surcharge for the rush order). I have charged 50% of the cost already to place the order. Other 50% due at time of pickup.
Note that, including cash donations from the 4th birthday party, we have pledges for ~$1850 to budget with as of 2009-7-24 Rohit