|(60 intermediate revisions by 11 users not shown)|
<h1> Press </h1>
<h1> Press </h1>
This page documents the press that [[microformats]] has received.
See also microformats [[screencasts]], [[presentations]], [[podcasts]], and [[books]]. Note that some of this press may be in response to [[press-faq]].
This page documents the press that [[microformats]] has received. See also microformats [[screencasts]], [[presentations]], [[podcasts]], and [[books]]. Note that some of this press may be in response to [[press-faq]].
* [http: //www.google.com/custom?domains=programmableweb.com&q=microformats&sitesearch=programmableweb.com Search for 'microformats' at programmableweb.com]
== 2007 ==
www.gcn.com/ blogs/tech/42930.html ''Microformats get real''] in ''Government Computer News'' (UK) (2007- 01- 15) by Joab Jackson
* [http://www. informationweek. com/ blog/ main/ archives/ 2007/ 01/ firefox_3_from.html Firefox 3: From HTML Renderer To Information Broker] by Mitch Wagner, Information Week. Discusses the implications of native microformat support in Firefox (2007- 01- 03)
* [http:// www. readwriteweb.com/ archives/ mozilla_does_microformats_firefox3.php Mozilla Does Microformats: Firefox 3 as Information Broker] - Read/ Write web, (2007- 01- 02)
* [http:// 24ways. org/ 2006/ styling-hcards-with-css 24 Ways: Styling hCards with CSS] The 24 Ways article for December 14 is John Allsopp's article on styling hCard using CSS (2006-12-14).
November = ==
* [http://accessify.com/ news/2006/11/html-mastery/ Accessify.com announce ''HTML Mastery'' ] a new book by Paul Haine, with a chapter on microformats ( 2006-11-27).
* [http://www.netmag.co.uk .Net magazine (UK)], cover date December 2006, has tutorial on microformats, by Rachel Andrew (tutorial not available on-line)
* [http://www. ascii.co.jp/books/magazines/macpeople.shtml MacPeople], a paper magazine about Macintosh in Japan, contained an article about microformats on its 12/2006 issue, written by [http://nobi.com/ nobilog/ Nobuyuki Hayashi].
* Cover story in iX 11/2006 p. 62- 65: [http:/ /www.heise. de/ix/artikel/2006/11/ 062/ Mehrwert-Markup] (German: additional value markup)
[http:// weblog. infoworld.com/ techwatch/ archives/ 008472.html INFOWORLD TECH WATCH: " Bloggers speak out on IE 7" ] - published: October 20, 2006. Mention/ discussion of microformats by Tantek Çelik and Kristopher Tate.
Practical Web Design, October 2006 issue, " Microformats" article by Rachel Andrews
W3C [http://www. w3. org/ 2006/ 10/ grddl- pressrelease Press Release] GRDDL Spec
* [http://digital-web.com/articles/the_big_picture_on_microformats/ The Big Picture on microformats] - who's doing what with microformats right now - by John Allsopp - Published August 28th, 2006.
* [http://www.thinkvitamin.com/features/design/how-to-use-microformats Add microformats magic to your site] by John Allsopp - Published August 25th, 2006.
=== July ===
* [http://knowledge.wharton.upenn.edu/article.cfm?articleid= 1526 Knowledge at Wharton: Tantek Çelik and Rohit Khare: The Progress and the Promise of Microformats] - Published: July 20, 2006
June = ==
* [http:// devzone. zend.com/ node/ view/ id/ 584 Microformats, PHP and hKit], from devzone.zend.com, a PHP developer resource, 28th June.
* [http:// www. mercurytide. com/ knowledge/ white-papers/microformats Building a more semantic web with microformats], from Mercurytide, 20th June.
May = ==
===http://www..com////..the .to and in . , a for , on /
* [http://www. devsource.com/ article2/ 0,1895,1961106,00.asp DevSource: An Developer's Introduction to Microformats by Phil Haack, May 11.]
** See also Phil Haack's [http:// haacked. com/archive/2006/05/11/IntroductionToMicroformatsArticle. aspx blog post about the article].
=== April ===
/.com.0 . .http://..com//////."""the of Web the . . .. and ." [//.. ] that the ./the ,. the -of the , .//
=== March ===
* (need to backfill these - there were a bunch and I think we simply forgot to add them in )
=== February ===
* [http://book. mycom.co.jp/wd/ Web Designing], a popular paper magazine for web industry in Japan, contained an article about microformats on its 03/ 2006 issue.
* [http:// www.release1-0.com /freshproduce/newideas_socialtime.cfm Release 1.0 / Ideas / New Ideas that Matter: Time as a social object], February 16. Video interviews composite, including a bit on microformats.
* [http:// 2006. sxsw.com/ interactive/ web_awards/ finalists/ SXSW 2006 Web Awards Finalists], February 3rd. [http:// microformats. org microformats.org] is a finalist in the " Technical Achievement" category for "the sites that are re-inventing and re-defining the technical parameters of our online experience".
=== January ===
* [http://code.google.com/webstats/index.html Google Web Authoring Statistics, January 20]
*# The home page of the study "[http://code. google. com/webstats/index. html Web Authoring Statistics]" itself both mentions “microformats. org” and links to http://microformats. org .
*# The "[ http:// code. google. com/webstats/2005-12/pageheaders.html Page Headers] ” page notes that the [http://gmpg. org/ xfn/ XFN] microformat is the most popular HTML metadata profile: “…people do use the profile attribute, though. The three most-often used values are http://gmpg.org/xfn/1, http://dublincore.org/documents/dcq-html/, and http://gmpg.org/xfn/11. This makes XFN the most popular HTML metadata profile!”
*# The “[http://code.google.com/webstats/2005- 12/element-a.html a element]” page found that three of the most popular ‘rel’ attribute values were microformats: #1 [[rel-nofollow]], #2 [[rel-license]], #5 [[rel-tag]].
* [http:// www.philoneist.com/ 50226711/interview_with_technorati_marketing_director_derek_gordon.php Philoneist: Interview With Technorati Marketing Director Derek Gordon by Jonathan G. Cohen, January 11]
* [http:/ /www.kbcafe.com/iBLOGthere4iM/?guid=20060101232742 #2 on the list of Best Web 2.0 Blogs, January 2]
=== December ===
* [http://www.publish.com/article2/0,1759,1904359,00.asp Publish: Year in Review: CSS, Standards, Microformats and Flash, By Stephen Bryant, December 21]
* [http://www.primezone.com/newsroom/news.html?d=91118 Newswire: Structured Blogging to support microformats, December 13th]
* [http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/8731 Linux Journal: Syndication and the Live Web Economy, By Doc Searls, December 9]
=== November ===
* [http://acmqueue.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=349&page=4 ACM Queue: A Conversation with Ray Ozzie, ACM Queue vol. 3, no. 9 - November 2005]
* [http://www.digital-web.com/articles/microformats_primer/ Digital Web Magazine: Microformats Primer by Garrett Dimon, November 14, 2005]
=== October ===
* [http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2005/10/19/microformats-and-web-2.0.html XML.com: Microformats and Web 2.0 by Micah Dubinko, October 19, 2005]
=== September ===
* [http://channel9.msdn.com/Showpost.aspx?postid=118325 Channel 9: Interview at PDC] - Robert Scoble interviews Tantek Çelik briefly on web standards, IE, and microformats.
=== of ===
* [http://www.acm.org/technews/articles/2005-7/0722f.html#item12 ACM News Service - Volume 7, Issue 819: Friday, July 22, 2005]
* [http://lists.ssc.com/pipermail/suitwatch/2005-July/000090.html Linux Journal: SuitWatch -- July 21 -- by Doc Searls, Senior Editor of Linux Journal: Making More Sense of the Web]
* [http://knowledge.wharton.upenn.edu/index.cfm?fa=viewArticle&id=1247&specialId=38 Knowledge at Wharton: Supernova 2005: It's a Whole New, Connected World: What's the Next Big Thing on the Web? It May Be a Small, Simple Thing -- Microformats]
** Simplified Chinese: <http://knowledge2.wharton.com.cn//index.cfm?fa=article&articleid=1203&specialid=58&languageid=4>
** Traditional Chinese: <http://knowledge2.wharton.com.cn//index.cfm?fa=article&articleid=1203&specialid=58&l=4&languageid=5>
** Original english version: <http://knowledge2.wharton.com.cn//index.cfm?fa=article&articleid=1203&specialid=58&languageid=1>
=== June ===
* [http://news.com.com/2030-12-5745034.html#microformats CNET News.com: Supernova 2005 blogcast] - David Weinberger interviews Tantek Çelik and Rohit Khare about microformats and [http://microformats.org/ microformats.org].
** [http://blog.blogcast2005.silkclips.com/clipView?http://silkblogs.com/FindResource/EC139870-22E5-F208-70FA-BC437BD64420/celik-khave-full.mov Watch the full interview with Rohit Khare & Tantek Çelik (22:21 minutes)]
* Golem: [http://www.golem.de/0506/38831.html microformats.org - Formate für Menschen und Maschinen] (German: microformats.org - Formats for humans and machines)
[http:// www. xml. com/ pub/ a/ 2005/ 03/ 23/ deviant.html XML.com: What Are Microformats?]
== See Also ==
== See Also ==