[uf-dev] hAtom and Geo microformats

Tantek Ç elik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Fri Feb 3 07:38:12 PST 2006

Brian,

I agree this is a very good question/issue to bring up.

Personally I would like to see hAtom specify various locations
* where someone posted from
* what location a post was about
* etc.

But it is not clear how you do this unambiguously with the current GeoRSS
stuff.

Simply "mixing" a vocabulary is actually insufficient.

Regardless, this is definitely a good issue to consider.

Please add it (it meaning your below description of the issue, link to the
O'Reilly article, and to any relevant terms/jargon like GeoRSS) to hAtom
issues and note that it is not a 1.0 blocker:

 http://microformats.org/wiki/hatom-issues

and link to it from geo issues:

 http://microformats.org/wiki/geo-issues

So it doesn't get lost in the flow of email.

Thanks,

Tantek