[uf-dev] Using class for non-human data

Glenn Jones glenn.jones at madgex.com
Mon Jun 23 08:12:24 PDT 2008

>> Again, more information pertaining to this.  The Programmes team have
just announced their upcoming removal of hCal from /programmes >> to
backstage.bbc.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/radiolabs/2008/06/removing_microformats_from_
bbc.shtml

I must say that although I am equal frustrate that there has not been a
resolve the abbreviation design pattern accessible issue, the BBC
response seems like a heavy handed ploy to force things.

I sort of like the suggestion that Frances put forward, as Toby said on
the wiki "least harmful solution proposed so far". It should not take
too much to add this the UfXtract.

I would have only used this pattern for data types meant as machine
alternatives which remove human ambiguity.

Datetime
Durations
Timezones
Geo

These formats do not use spaces and resolve some of parsing issue Toby
raised on the wiki page.

The following may of been easier for authors to understand?

The use of {} for data is becoming more popular with OpenSearch etc. It
directly links the property and value.

Glenn Jones