[uf-dev] JavaScript authoring tools initiative

Brian Suda brian.suda at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 14:51:12 PDT 2009

2009/7/6 Jamie Rumbelow <jamie at jamierumbelow.net>:
> Interesting idea - how would this work, technically? Would it be a TinyMCE
> specific API that effectively adds a "Microformat" button to the interface,
> or a more agnostic, abstracted API that handles more low-level Microformat
> implementation?

--- Like drew said, alot of the editors can re-use the same JS core,
but each will have a slightly different API. I would envision
additional buttons on the interface which either directly inserted the
HTML as needed, or created a pop-up that asked for specific field
values.

As much as we'd like it to be agnostic, we don't really know until we
collect what the popular editors are.

I guess a good first start is to collect what editors there are out
there and links to their API documentation. I stubbed this page on the
Wiki, we can always rename it/move it as needed.

http://microformats.org/wiki/WYSIWYG-plugins

--
brian suda
http://suda.co.uk