[microformats-discuss] xFolk (RC1) and Topic Maps

Bud Gibson bud at thecommunityengine.com
Wed Aug 10 13:56:47 PDT 2005

On Aug 10, 2005, at 13:51, Tantek Çelik wrote:

> My advice is to first try to use xFolk.  If you find you *need*
> extra bits
> of information "about" the item, you'll likely find them in
> hReview.  If you
> don't, please point to the actual use cases and examples in the
> wild which
> are driving the need and we can all take a look.

I think this analysis makes sense for the time being.

That said, I'm thinking very strongly that the next iteration of
xFolk will allow  an embedded hcard.  As pages start to be
constructed with content from many sources, you want to know who did
what.  If all Rob is really looking for is some way to attribute the
source of a tagged link, then it seems xFolk should be able to
accomodate that.  I have other use cases in mind that I am working on
right now where this makes a lot of sense.

As for the date idea, I don't want to go reinventing the wheel and
look to the community to generate a date microformat with semantics.
To be honest, it seems you could pull that out of hReview as a format
atom available for use anywhere.

Bud