[microformats-discuss] Re: Blog post format challenge - content vs summary

Bud Gibson bud at thecommunityengine.com
Sat Aug 13 19:58:57 PDT 2005

boy, stay away from the list for a few days, and look what happens.

When I read this, I remember that atom took something like 2.5 years
to complete and that there are still unresolved issues.

David's original idea seemed pretty simple to me, like he was solving
a specific problem, multiple blog posts on an html page that he
wanted to sort out.

I've tried to keep xFolk simple because I think the usefulness of
microformats is inversely proportional to their complexity.
Probably, the only extensions I would consider at this stage would be
to say that a microformat embedded in an xFolk entry can be
interpreted as applying to that entry in a specific way (although
Tantek seems to be debating that, and I will come back to it tomorrow).

At any rate, proceed ahead as you see fit.  If you start to get mired
in complexity, think about what it is you really want to achieve and
cut back.

Bud