[microformats-discuss] Microformat to denote the date of the last page modfication

Mark Rickerby coretxt at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 18:37:04 PDT 2005

On 8/16/05, Ryan King <ryan at technorati.com> wrote:
> On Aug 15, 2005, at 12:30 PM, Andreas Haugstrup wrote:
> > On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 21:15:15 +0200, Robert Bachmann
> > <rbach at rbach.priv.at> wrote:
> >> I don't think so because the HTTP Last-Modified header describes when
> >> _the file_ was last modified, <abbr class="page-last-modified">
> >> describes when the last edit of _the page content_ happened.
> >
> > Isn't the difference the same?
>

> I think Robert means to say that this microformat could apply to a
> part of a page.

This is something I've also come across in IA work, thinking about
pages from a schematic/wireframe level.

Most sites have a common footer, which would usually be the place to
put last-modified information. But there does seem to be an additional
design pattern of a "content footer", which contains information
specific to the particular content resource.

Here's an example from a real site I've worked on:

2005 by Joe Bloggs</div>
      to this page</a>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<a href="email-page.html">Email
this page</a> </div>

Not perfect, but demonstrates the context of where such a microformat
could be applied.

Regards,
Mark