[microformats-discuss] re: Microformat for timestamp of updated content

Stephen Downes stephen at downes.ca
Tue Aug 16 15:00:11 PDT 2005

Bryan J Busch wrote:

>>Last update:
>><abbr class="page-last-modified" title="20050102">2 Jan 2005</abbr>

Hm.

Shouldn't be 'page' because in many cases the item last modified is not
necessarily stand-alone. I would just say 'last-modified'.

Also, looking at the various systems of designating dates online, a
plain format such as '20050102' and '2 Jan 2005' is definitely
non-standard. Minimally, I would recommend adoption of the W3C's
recommendation: http://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-datetime See also ISO 8601
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8601

-- Stephen

--

Stephen Downes  ~  Research Officer  ~  National Research Council Canada
http://www.downes.ca  ~  stephen at downes.ca         __\|/__ Free Learning