[uf-discuss] Ics import in Outlook

brian suda brian.suda at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 10:04:56 PST 2005

Webb, Geoffrey Lawrence wrote:

> I have been using the service at suda.co.uk to harvest hCalendar events
> from my web pages. However, Outlook 2003 won't import the resulting
> file. If I change the version to 1.0, everything works fine. Outlook
> itself produces 2.0 ics files, so in a logical world Outlook should be
> able to import 2.0 files. Has anyone dealt with this problem before?
> Just changing the version the stylesheet produces feels very kludgy

hCard has kept a list of different applications, versions and their
import/export problems[1]. Feel free to start an iCal page[2] and
document your finds with your OS version, application version etc.  This
will help other replicate and fix the problems.

[1] - http://microformats.org/wiki/vcard-implementations
[2] - http://microformats.org/wiki/ical-implementations

-brian