[uf-discuss] How to Announce the Availability of New Media Content with uf?

Dr. Ernie Prabhakar drernie at opendarwin.org
Tue Dec 13 08:31:33 PST 2005

Hi Jeff,

On Dec 13, 2005, at 5:52 AM, Jeff Harrington wrote:
>> Also, as I'm sure you know, µf's are modeled after existing user
>> behavior. So it might be worthwhile to see what artists are
>> already  doing to promote themselves and start there.
>>
> Well, since I invented this whole 'internet musician thing' ;)
> I'll ask myself what I would do.  Heheh...

Actually, you might want to check out MySpace, which I'm told is
*the* place to find new music (and be found) for the younger set.
The model they've evolved uses friendster-style mailing lists and
easy forwarding to push information out into a community.  I strongly
suspect something like this will become the dominant model in the
future...

-- ERnie P.