[uf-discuss] Re: [Structuredblogging-discuss] microformat for books in a library catalog

Phillip Pearson pp at myelin.co.nz
Mon Dec 19 19:32:02 PST 2005

This would probably make more sense over on the microformats-discuss
list.  Edward - visit
http://microformats.org/mailman/listinfo/microformats-discuss/ to join.
I'm crossposting this over there in case this is a solved problem already...

There are a bunch of links about encoding MARC data in SGML/XML here:

    http://xml.coverpages.org/marc.html

Here's the official schema:

    http://www.loc.gov/standards/marcxml/schema/MARC21slim.xsd

There are examples at:

    http://www.loc.gov/standards/marcxml/

It looks like MARCXML is pretty cryptic.  The MODS or Dublin Core
transformations might work better as a microformat:

    http://www.loc.gov/standards/marcxml/Sandburg/sandburgmods.xml
    http://www.loc.gov/standards/marcxml/Sandburg/sandburgdc.xml

Cheers,
Phil