[microformats-discuss] The adoption of syndication feeds -> microformats

Tantek Ç elik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Fri Oct 7 06:45:16 PDT 2005

On 10/7/05 2:57 AM, "Danny Ayers" <danny.ayers at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/6/05, Ryan King <ryan at technorati.com> wrote:
>> On Oct 5, 2005, at 2:38 PM, Mark Pilgrim wrote:
>>>
>>> Or, for example, a major search engine providing an interface to
>>> search for content that meets a certain set of license criteria.
>>>
>>> http://search.yahoo.com/cc
>>
>> And, rumor has it, they use http://microformats.org/wiki/rel-tag,
>> ignoring the RDF.
>
> It isn't using rel-tag either, because all the data's hidden in comments.

I think he meant to say that Yahoo CC search is using rel-license (not
rel-tag).

> The current approach to CC is really ugly (as is trackback
> RDF/XML-in-comments), it's unfortunate microformats (+GRDDL) weren't
> around when they started the design.

Indeed.  I've also heard people say similar things about how it's
unfortunate that microformats weren't around when OPML was first proposed
(or even RSS).

Fortunately it looks like David Janes is doing a good job with reusing Atom
1:1 in various straw proposals on the blog-post-brainstorming page.

Thanks,

Tantek