[microformats-discuss] Re: Educationg Others

Bud Gibson bud at thecommunityengine.com
Fri Oct 7 07:46:16 PDT 2005

On Oct 3, 2005, at 18:00, Mark Pilgrim wrote:

> Eventually all of these will come together in a super-script that
> parses all available data in every page you ever browse, and publishes
> it to your own private Atom Store via the Atom API.  (This part is
> already written as well, though unreleased.)

I think this sounds interesting.  What I have liked of your work in
the past is its tutorial nature (e.g., diveintogreasemonkey.org).
It's possible to pull out parts and actually use them.  I did just
this in some of the xFolk greasemonkey scripts I put together.

What worries me a little in the super-script notion is the question,
"What's the use case?".  If your super-script is breakable into
digestible little parts, then it sounds very useful (i.e., ideas are
already forming in my mind about how to use the parts).  However, the
notion that one script can do all you describe makes me think it may
not be so easy to modularize.

How about something like "Dive Into Microformats with Firefox"?  This
is the germ of a book idea that I bet you could get O'Reilly to take up.

Bud