[microformats-discuss] XOXO, XOXT and Resultsets

Dr. Ernie Prabhakar drernie at opendarwin.org
Mon Oct 17 16:09:29 PDT 2005

Hi Dimitri,

On Oct 17, 2005, at 1:20 PM, Dimitri Glazkov wrote:

>> Okay, enough thinking. :-) Time to start documenting:
>>
>> http://microformats.org/wiki/search-results-example
>
> I am having hard time finding actual specs that provide such formats.

Um, I think you missed the point.  The goal is to start by finding
out what
people *actually* do in real life. Not specs, data points.

> The only thing that remotely smells like that (aside from opensearch)
> is this: http://bobwyman.pubsub.com/main/2004/09/using_rfc3229_w.html
>
> And it is painfully sinful in so many different ways.
> Any other, less horrid pointers are appreciated.

Sorry, we need to start with the horrid:

http://microformats.org/wiki/search-results-
example#Google.C2.A0.28http:.2F.2Fwww.google.com.2Fsearch.3Fhl.3Den.
26q.3Dmicroformats.26btnG.3DGoogle.2BSearch.29

Document everything: the good, the bad, and the ugly.  Only then can
we determine not just what _we_ like, but what is the smallest delta
from current practice.

In this case, we need to document Yahoo, MSN, AskJeeves, Amazon, etc....

-- Ernie P.