[uf-discuss] Profile aliasing

Danny Ayers danny.ayers at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 16:23:07 PDT 2005

On 10/26/05, brian suda <brian.suda at gmail.com> wrote:

 [snip]

> Then the universal XMDP validator/parser/etc can extract data across two
> or more XMDP profiles. This would create a small ontology, but also make
> an endless chase across hrefs through those profiles.

This sounds mighty interesting. The fact that you're chasing across
hrefs will mean that each of the docs along the way will be
identifiable. The only thing I'm wondering about is the XMDP bits
themselves. What semantics are available, how can the things be used.
Ok, to avoid getting bitten on the bum by Ryan again, I've visited the
spec:
[[
Definition lists vary only slightly from other types of lists in that
list items consist of two parts: a term and a description. The term is
given by the DT element and is restricted to inline content.
]]

Your example:

<dl class="rel">
 <dt id='self'><a href="http://www.gmpg.org/xfn/11#me"
rev="extends">self</a></dt>
  <dd>This is a pointer to me, it extends the ME property of XFN</dd>
</dl>

- so the term is a reference to another resource, there's a local
literal which describes the term.

Gosh. I'm going to have to duck out here, I don't know how to continue
without the RDF t-shirt. If Ian Davis is around, I'll pass the ball
into his court. To me it looks eminently machine-processable, and
presumably it will also look sweet in a browser.

Cheers,
Danny.

--

http://dannyayers.com