[uf-discuss] Re: [microformats-discuss] Fiction books microformats

Julian Bond julian_bond at voidstar.com
Mon Oct 31 11:58:04 PST 2005

Dr. Ernie Prabhakar <drernie at opendarwin.org> Tue, 4 Oct 2005 09:21:00
>> Do anybody cultivate XHTML-microformat for fiction books on web?
>
>I don't know if there's enough examples to make for a genre, or
>'fiction' is a meaningful-enough category.

I've just become interested in this while thinking about what the RSS
feed from reader2.com ought to look like. I pictured embedding a
microformat that described a book in the item.description field.

title : xxx
author : yyy
isbn : 999
amazon url : http://aaa
amazon thumbnail : http://bbb
etc etc

So I started looking for a microformat for describing books and couldn't
find one. And shortly after, I started thinking about similar problems
with music, and then arbitrary SKUs and ASINs. There's clearly a problem
here that book is quite well defined, music (track, album, MP3 ID tag)
rather less so, and a Hello Kitty iPod sock hardly at all.

--
Julian Bond  E&MSN: julian_bond at voidstar.com  M: +44 (0)77 5907 2173
Webmaster:           http://www.ecademy.com/     T: +44 (0)192 0412 433