[microformats-discuss] veg-o-matic: Pre-alpha web service for xFolk and other microformats

Bud Gibson bud at thecommunityengine.com
Fri Sep 2 14:34:04 PDT 2005

Dear all:

I'm not sure you can do anything useful with this at all, but Mike
Migurski and I have hacked together a demonstration of a potential
web service using greasemonkey, an alpha-level rewrite of Mike
Migurski, Mike Frumin, and Eric Rodenbeck's reblog, and one
microformat xFolk.  We call it veg-o-matic because it "slices,
dices, ...", or at least we would like to think it will some day.

You can see veg-o-matic in action by:

1.  Installing this greasemonkey script:  http://
thecommunityengine.com/resources/xfolk-forms4.user.js

2.  Going to one of these sites:

http://thecommunityengine.com/webcites

http://de.lirio.us

3.  Clicking on the chiclet next to the title and clicking cancel on
the alert that pops up.  If you hit OK, you will see an ugly but
serviceable edit page.

4.  Going to http://thecommunityengine.com/veg-o-matic to see the
results.  You get html and an rss feed.

Have a look at this post if you would like to know more details:

http://thecommunityengine.com/home/archives/2005/09/vegomatic_an_al.html

There's a lot that is not there, in particular any notion of
individual users, etc.  When you look at veg-o-matic, it will also be
clear you can easily abuse the site.

Oh, well.

I'm putting veg-o-matic out there because I would like feedback from
an informed group.  If it gets too hairy or abused, I'll just take it
down.

Bud