[microformats-discuss] Re: playlist microformat

Lucas Gonze lucas.gonze at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 15:07:31 PDT 2005

On 9/3/05, Tantek Çelik <tantek at cs.stanford.edu> wrote:
> Who's in?

I'm in, of course.

Can we spin off social software for this project?  Wikis are better as
records of conversations or whiteboards than for working together on a
shared purpose.

And what are we building, anyway?  An XHTML version of media RSS?
Sequences to render in time?  Musicbrainz expressed in h* rather than
RDF?  A reblogging-friendly HTML template?

> It might be interesting to add the XSPF field names to in a column in these
> tables

I added them to that page a while ago, though I think that the
comparison tables are out of sync.

As a general point, members of the XSPF group were extremely aware of
the patterns and history of media metadata.  The fields we chose, the
details of our definitions, and our abstractions were very deliberate.

 (which perhaps need to be harmonized into one "media metadata
> comparison" table, rather than one specific for podcasts, and one specific
> for video):

Or rather, factored.  Some aspects of media metadata are about
types, others are about eCommerce.