[microformats-discuss] Microformat button/badge for hCard

Tantek Ç elik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Sun Sep 4 14:02:51 PDT 2005

On 9/3/05 7:44 PM, "Marius Scurtescu" <marius.scurtescu at gmail.com> wrote:

> This brings up a very good point, I think that it would make sense to
> have logos and buttons for all microformats and/or generic ones, these
> buttons could be used in web pages, by browser extensions, editor,
> etc.

This makes sense to me as well.

> For example, a WordPress plugin that allows you to insert hCards could
> use this button. Also, a WordPress plugin that filters content and
> adds extra functionality to hCards in your postings (like links to
> vCard download or links to mapping sites) could insert buttons in the
> text.
>
> These buttons that I am suggesting are not badges.

Though I think people want badges too.

Perhaps we should start a new wiki page: buttons, where we can collect
current mockups of buttons (e.g. Robert's and others'), and
requests/requirements for additional buttons.

 http://microformats.org/wiki/buttons

Marius, perhaps you could add specific suggestions for buttons to the page.

I'll ask Dan Cederholm, who created the beautiful microformats design and
logo to take a look at this as well.

Thanks,

Tantek