[microformats-discuss] Re: Formating Organizations

Ryan King ryan at technorati.com
Tue Sep 6 10:25:29 PDT 2005

On Sep 6, 2005, at 9:49 AM, Jacob Ham wrote:

> Sorry, about that last email.

No problem.

> Anyway, I am trying to create a simple Rails app to handle my
> contacts.  It is basically for me to learn Rails, and introduce
> myself with microformats in the process.  My contact app has the
> ability to add just organizations.  When they view the
> organization, I have it in hCard format.  This is what I have come
> up with because the hCard wiki is unclear on organization specs.

>  <a class="url fn" href="http://www.microsoft.com"></a>

fn is actually required, so you shouldn't leave it blank

I think this (how to mark up organizations in hcard) is unfortunately
still an open issue.

Personally, I would combine the above two lines into:

  <a class="url fn org" href="http://www.microsoft.com">Microsoft
Corp</a>

What do others think about that?

> My other question is by adding a link to internal operations for
> the organization (i.e. org details) would break the hcard?
>
> Like:

Nope, that's fine.

-ryan