[microformats-discuss] Presentation about VoteLinks at Web Intelligence conference

Ryan King ryan at technorati.com
Wed Sep 21 10:29:51 PDT 2005

On Sep 21, 2005, at 8:11 AM, paolo massa wrote:

> I just finished giving a presentation at the Web Intelligence
> Conference. I tried to push the concept of VoteLinks. You might find
> it at
> http://moloko.itc.it/paoloblog/presentations/presentation_wi05/
> presentation_wi05.html
> (of course in S5!)

Awesome. Looks like a great presentation.

> Nothing earth-shaking at all. But I thought it would be good to have
> the Web Intelligence community knows about VoteLinks and other
> microformats.

Certainlly.

> You might be not surprised that only 1 person (out of a number of
> people raging from 10 to 30) had heard of VoteLinks before. Oh, how
> much I would love to come to those BarCamp conferences that seems so
> cool! ;-(
>
> I suggested everybody to subscribe to this mailing list ... but don't
> worry there will be no invasion! Actually if one subscribes I'll be
> surprised.
> Any feedback welcome! And feel free to link to it of course ...
> hopefully not with a rev="vote-against" link!! ;-)

One little nit to pick...

You call rel-nofollow a precedent to vote-links, when, in fact, vote
links are older than rel-nofollow. Which means, in effect, that rel-
nofollow was somewhat of a reinvention (though forgivable :D ).

It looks like you covered the material well. I've linked to the
presentation and paper from http://microformats.org/wiki/
presentations#this_year.

-ryan

--