[uf-discuss] ISBN mark-up

Edward Summers ehs at pobox.com
Fri Apr 21 10:08:21 PDT 2006

On Apr 21, 2006, at 8:08 AM, Andy Mabbett wrote:
> Perhaps not a microformat, in the sense used here, but I feel that
> there
> should be some way (or is there already?) for marking up an ISBN
> number,
> so that it is recognisable as such.

Yes, Dan Chudnov (they guy behind COinS) actually started a
conversation about an identifier microformat on here several months ago:

   http://microformats.org/discuss/mail/microformats-discuss/2005-
November/002106.html

I agree, an identifier microformat could be used for ISBNs, ISSNs,
DOIs, UPCs, etc. How about we start a page for this on the wiki? RFC
4452 makes would mesh nicely with a decent identifier microformat.

Let's get this going.

//Ed

[1] http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4452.txt