[uf-discuss] citation: another example of practice in the wild

Michael McCracken michael.mccracken at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 15:02:55 PDT 2006

OK:

http://microformats.org/wiki/citation-examples#Wikipedia
http://microformats.org/wiki/citation-examples-markup#Wikipedia_Examples

More examples can probably stand to be added. I'm sure there's one of
every kind of reference in there somewhere.

I had a problem finding a conference presentation on the "Blog" page
that was previously an example, so I just did a lame search for
"conference presentation site:en.wikipedia.org" and used the top hit.
There might be better examples around.

I am also not a lawyer, so I just parsed the string "CASE NO. CV
04-9484 AHM (SHx)" as "case number", when I'm pretty sure those TLAs
at the end mean something more. I saw a sample legal citation guide
once, but the full edition is expensive, and I'm not near our library
right now.

Cheers,
-mike