[uf-discuss] species microformats: a penultimate reprise

Scott Reynen scott at randomchaos.com
Thu Dec 7 21:30:54 PST 2006

On Dec 7, 2006, at 9:08 PM, Shorthouse, David wrote:

> In the face of the mess taxonomy can be at times, it would be worth
> thinking
> about GUIDs like LSIDs for use in microformats for species. uBio is
> but one
> provider of LSIDs. There are at least a half dozen other providers
> and many
> more are in the works.

I appreciate your attempts to offer constructive feedback.  I hope
this community will prove more receptive to such feedback in the
future, even - perhaps especially - when it is disagreeable.

If you know of any examples of such GUIDs being published in HTML, I
would encourage you to add them to the wiki:

http://microformats.org/wiki/species-examples

Without such examples, this isn't likely to make it into a
microformat, because microformats are based on current publishing
rather than future publishing, however likely it may be.

Peace,
Scott