[uf-discuss] species microformats: a penultimate reprise

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Fri Dec 8 12:22:43 PST 2006

In message <2B9C4DCC-1A9F-41F9-89E6-FE353BADB96A at randomchaos.com>, Scott
Reynen <scott at randomchaos.com> writes

>I appreciate your attempts to offer constructive feedback.  I hope
>this community will prove more receptive to such feedback in the
>future, even - perhaps especially - when it is disagreeable.

David's feedback has been constructively received, and responded to -
and disagreed with and refuted.

His response, though, has been far from constructive.

>If you know of any examples of such GUIDs being published in HTML, I
>would encourage you to add them to the wiki:
>
>http://microformats.org/wiki/species-examples
>
>Without such examples, this isn't likely to make it into a
>microformat, because microformats are based on current publishing
>rather than future publishing, however likely it may be.

Quite. Though there are already GUIDs on the examples page:

        <http://microformats.org/wiki/species-examples#GUID>

and the present proposal caters for them:

        <http://microformats.org/wiki/species-brainstorming#Straw_man_proposal>

        <http://microformats.org/wiki/species-brainstorming#Expressing_a_species_with_a_GUID>

--
Andy Mabbett