[uf-discuss] hresume draft

Scott Reynen scott at randomchaos.com
Mon Feb 13 07:59:19 PST 2006

On Feb 13, 2006, at 9:34 AM, Tantek Çelik wrote:

> Someone's business card is *still* one of their business cards,
> even 5 years
> later, even after they have changed jobs.

I'm having trouble reconciling the two.

Either hCards are assumed to be current, or they're not.  So which is
it?  Wrapping an hCard in an event doesn't change the parsing rules
for hCards.  If we're not expecting hCards in hResume to be parsed
the same as every other hCard, why are we calling them hCards at
all?  I still don't see what is gained from this.

Ryan King has offered one explanation:

> However it would not be a generalizable solution.

But what happened to "solve a specific problem"?  What is the
specific problem class="vcard" solves in hResume experience and
education?

Peace,
Scott