[uf-discuss] hResume and diplomas

Chris Casciano chris at placenamehere.com
Sat Jun 10 05:30:12 PDT 2006

On Jun 10, 2006, at 7:11 AM, Frédéric de Villamil wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I'm struggling with the French resume format : as we're supposed to
> write very small resumes (1 pages, 2 if we really have 20 years of
> working experience), we usually don't write down our complete
> education, but just the diploma and the year we graduated this way :
>
> 2001 : Diploma of Master Jedi at the Jedi Academy of Tatooine.
> 1997 : Diploma of Great Sorcerer at the Great Wizardry School of Gondor
>
> I'm looking for a way to translate this as a microformat. hcal won't
> work because it doesn't have a start and end date.
>
> I've been thinking about something like this :

>   <a class="url org">Jedi Academy of Tatooine</a>
>
> Is this correct ?
>
> Cheers,
> Frederic

hResume isn't my area of expertise, but whatever the result should
probably fit certifications or other similar accreditation. Some I'm
not sure how I feel about the use of <p class="diploma" title="Master
Jedi"> here

I'd think something more along the lines of:

certificate
  - type
  - title (class="title" not title="")
  - awarded / date
  - institution / org
  - summary

But I haven't looked at the hresume-brainstorming page in detail nor
have i looked at some of the other linked example formats. That's just
off the cuff comments.

Another alternative (which may or may not be liked by others on the
list) is to just go with the examples that are out there now and use
hcalendar for marking up the education items and then CSS to really
give the display of the information a good kick in the rear.

just my pre-coffee 1 cent

(my cents aren't worth 2 pre-coffee)

--
[ Chris Casciano ]