[uf-discuss] hResume and diplomas

Ryan King ryan at technorati.com
Mon Jun 12 14:29:04 PDT 2006

On Jun 10, 2006, at 4:11 AM, Frédéric de Villamil wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I'm struggling with the French resume format : as we're supposed to
> write very small resumes (1 pages, 2 if we really have 20 years of
> working experience), we usually don't write down our complete
> education, but just the diploma and the year we graduated this way :
>
> 2001 : Diploma of Master Jedi at the Jedi Academy of Tatooine.
> 1997 : Diploma of Great Sorcerer at the Great Wizardry School of
> Gondor
>
> I'm looking for a way to translate this as a microformat. hcal
> won't work because it doesn't have a start and end date.

That's good analysis- the current requirements won't work for this
sort of resume/CV.

> I've been thinking about something like this :

Actually, we need to take a step back first- if you'd like to see
something like this included in hResume, please document examples in
the wild on http://microformats.org/wiki/hresume-examples, which at
least some basic analysis of the markup/structure/implied semantics.

Thanks,
ryan