[uf-discuss] Is Music dead?

Harry Dean Hudson Jr. dean at ero.com
Wed Jun 28 19:43:14 PDT 2006

Hi all. I'm New Media/Technolagist/Developer folk for a larger
independent record label and I've been looking for common examples for
representing data that relates to musicians and their works. I'm
publishing information about (and in the process of re-doing the
mark-up for) hundreds (or at least dozens) of artists and thousands of
tracks, not all of which necessarily have associated media files.

I plan on researching and co-opting existing idioms if they exist, and
actually started listing some examples of Artist/Release/Track data in
music-examples before it became clear to me that this may not have
been its intention-- it reads like it may have been set up to do
something more along the lines of what media-info is set up to do.

My question(s): is music-examples somewhat dead or stalled? And if
yes, is my subverting it towards Artist/Release/Track data (and away
from media info) apropos?

Thanks in advance for your help,
dean.

--