[uf-discuss] Is Music dead? (I hope not!)

Michael MD mdagn at spraci.com
Wed Jun 28 23:14:16 PDT 2006

> I plan on researching and co-opting existing idioms if they exist, and
> actually started listing some examples of Artist/Release/Track data in
> music-examples before it became clear to me that this may not have
> been its intention-- it reads like it may have been set up to do
> something more along the lines of what media-info is set up to do.

This could be very interesting...

I run a nightlife/gigguide/events listings website and so far my attention
has mostly been on hCalendar for gigs/events
(also looking at adding some hCard info for venues/locations)
 It would be very nice to one day be able to relate such event information
to releases by artists.

I am also working on upgrading the blogs section so that people can post
reviews using hReview and
if there is a microformat suitable for release info I'd of course be
interested in setting up forms for that too!

> My question(s): is music-examples somewhat dead or stalled? And if
> yes, is my subverting it towards Artist/Release/Track data (and away
> from media info) apropos?

If you have examples of this I would very much like to see them!

Michael MD
SPRACI - http://www.spraci.com/
SPRACI for mobiles: wap.spraci.com