[uf-discuss] Format-of-Formats?

Joe Reger, Jr. regerj at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 15:33:54 PST 2006

> Yes, as a matter of fact, I do. The w3c.

Nah... I appreciate your effort.  But the w3c is not forging
relationships with blogging toolmakers and trying to gain adoption of
a long tail microformat framework.  But I know that those on this list
have relationships in place.  This critical piece of Web 2.0 plumbing
should be in place as soon as possible and that's going to take
advocacy.  I thought that microformats.org would be interested in
being the one to define this piece of the puzzle... it seems a natural
extension.  And microformats.org can accomplish this much more quickly
than little old Joe Reger can.  If we all generally understand that
it's going to happen, why aren't we taking the leadership role in
making it happen?  I know what "microformats are not" but maybe
microformats.org can embrace a sub-project to make this happen.  We
don't have to call them microformats... users don't really care what
they're called... as long as they can spin them up easily and leverage
the power of the blogosphere.